Tuesday, March 6, 2018

Research, Research, and more Research

Now that I am certain about what I am writing about, I spent about an hour and a half researching ID Magazine and Dazed Magazine since that’s where I’m getting my inspiration from. The reason I chose these magazines is because they follow the same theme and vibe I’m going for.
  I first started off by looking at the set up of the magazine for ID, the colors, the stories they write about, and the artistic elements they cover. The cover of the magazine is very clean yet artistic at the same time, with very little amount of words on the cover and they usually publish a close up of the main subject to keep the focus on them and create a sense of intimacy between the reader and the subject. The magazine also uses many different bright colors that show the artistic elements of the magazine on the cover but sometimes only black and white images which gives off a kind of rebellious mysterious vibe. My hopes and intentions are to create a happy medium between the two and have a mysterious yet artistic vibe to my story.
  In addition to ID Magazine, I also researched cover images for Dazed Magazine. Dazed magazine is very similar to ID Magazine in the way that they both cover fashion, art, music etc and that’s exactly what I want my magazine to cover as well. They also use close up shots for their covers and very few words on the cover as well. The use of the colors or lack of them set the trend for the rest of the magazine so I want to make sure that my magazine cover catches the consumers attention and draws them in.

No comments:

Post a Comment

CCR!