Sunday, March 18, 2018

Starting from scratch

So in class my class and I got split into multiple groups of four so that we could talk to our group members and give our opinion or get help if we were having trouble. My group and I were all taking turns telling each other what our project was about when it was finally my turn. I told them my ideas about the tattoos and how I really wanted to capture the evolution of youth and up illustrate how different today is from “back then” but how I’m having a really hard time actually making the tattoo thing happen. A group member of mine suggested I go a whole different route and try to do something else to capture evolution and suggested fashion instead. I was iffy about the idea because I was so stuck on the tattoo idea but after bringing up some valid points such as being able to have more fun with the idea and having more freedom in my production of the story, I was sold. So I decided now that I will be doing my magazine story targeting fashion like a blast from the last time thing.
After researching what years I liked the most between 50-80s fashionwise, I decided I liked the 70s style the most. It was the first time women started to expose more of their bodies and wore bright fun colors and it seems as if it was the year of females that year. I plan on looking at more pictures of fashion from the 70s and trying to imitate the style and find locations and models for my production. The reason I didn’t pick the 50s or 60s to start off with was because compared to the 70s the fashion seemed to be very conservative and quite frankly boring in my opinion. Since I’m doing a magazine targeting youth, I decided it would be in my best interest to focus on fashion trends that the consumers would enjoy and relate to more.
Below is an example of 70s fashion
Leaper C (2017 March 29). The Style Icons Who Defines Glorious Seventies Fashion
Retrieved from https://www.google.com/amp/amp.timeinc.net/marieclaire/fashion/1970s-fashion-moments-that-defined-seventies-style-96107%3fsource=dam



No comments:

Post a Comment

CCR!