Saturday, March 10, 2018

Covers!

So between Thursday and today I’ve probably looked at 100 different covers of magazines from ID and Dazed magazine and I think I got the picture. Almost every single magazine is a close up of their subject and has very very very few words on the cover. The idea behind this is that they want the magazine to be focused solely on the individual of idea they’re trying to promote on the cover page and for the consumer to get distracted from it. The close up picture of the subject also creates a more personal relationship between the reader and the subject as well.
In addition to the close ups, the idea of using few words on the cover page is very different and risky compared to other magazines. Almost all of the magazines you see at grocery stores for example are filled to capacity with subheadings and words and it’s a little overwhelming sometimes. For my magazine cover I will not be including many words at all as well. The reason I’m doing this is because I want my magazine to have a sort of risky and different vibe compared to other magazines and since I’m talking about tattoos, what’s more “risky” than that?

No comments:

Post a Comment

CCR!