Sunday, March 11, 2018

Who knew colors mattered this much

So as I’ve looked at even more magazine covers and actually read the online version of my magazine inspirations, one very common factor is color scheme. No matter what direction or page you look at, there’s a pop of color somewhere. The reason there’s so much color in the magazine is because they’re going for an artistic vibe and a younger target audience so they want it to be appealing to them and their senses.
My struggle is that although I want my piece to be artistic and cool, I want there to be a sense of rebellion in it since it has to do with tattoos but also somewhat sweet since the reader is getting to know the subject and the story behind their tattoo, something that’s personal. So I didn’t know whether or not I should include color or just go black and white and I still can’t decide. I’m really struggling right now because I want to get started on the actual production of my magazine but I simply can't make a decision and it’s delaying my magazine greatly. I hope to do more research on the magazines that are my inspiration and see if there’s and layout and color scheme I will be able to imitate.

No comments:

Post a Comment

CCR!